Maha Shiva Ratri – Free program for the entire family
February 14 @ 7:30 pm - February 15 @ 12:30 am
Come with your family and do the Abhishek (bathing) of the Lord and be blessed!
Spiritual Practices (Sadhana) for the day
Shiva Ratri is a most auspicious day when the Lord’s grace is at its highest. Try to gain as much of that Grace through the below practices.
- Wake up early before sunrise, clean your alter, light the lamp and offer flowers to the Lord.
- Eat minimally. Fast completely if you can. Otherwise have just milk, water and bananas (fruits) only during meal times.
- Refrain from unnecessary talk (try to maintain silence as far as possible) throughout the day.
- Contemplate on the Lord’s name or a verse from the scriptures. Or meditate on the Lord/Self.
7.30pm: Pooja (includes Abhishek (bathing) of the Lord. All can participate.) – includes bhajans & chanting.
9.30pm: Bhajan offering
10.00pm: Video by Swamiji
11.00pm: Chanting offering
11.30pm: Guided Meditation by Swamiji
12.00am (Midnight): Vedic Arati
12.15am: Maha Shivaratri Prasad
Note: If its too late for your children then you can bring them on Sunday 18th February to celebrate Shiva Ratri at:
1) 11.00am to 12pm: At Chinmaya Sannidhi, 38 Carrington Rd, Castle Hill or
2) 2.15pm to 3.30pm: At 21, Orlando Cres, Voyager Point 2172.
What to bring
You are most welcome to bring your own Shiva Lingams, milk, and fruits for the worship. Everyone can participiate in the Abhishek (bathing) of the Lord.
- Be Mukhya Yajman ($251) – Be the one to do the pooja for Lord Shiva on this special night and gain great blessings for your family. Contact Amita Gupta on 0416 257 610.
- Anna Daanam – Bring a plate of prasad as a food offering – Contact Uma Jana on (02) 9659 2614.
- Sing Bhajans for the Lord – Contact Pushpa Jagadish on 0475 995 207 or Sadhana Raja on 0414638763. Note: You need to be on the list to sing.
- Bring flowers – If bringing flowers, please wash them beforehand.
For further information you can contact Amita Gupta on 0416 257 610.